evolution of a dress.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

after a recent question regarding my wedding dress... i thought i would share with you what every bride goes through: the hunt/find/process of that ever so special white dress.

THE INSPIRATION. 
i stumbled upon this dress online and began my hunt for a similar one. i loved the silhouette.. having a gymnast body (forever big arms) i knew i wanted to highlight the part of me that was smaller... my waist.
the first time i tried my dress on, our song was playing on the radio.
 and that lace... it stole my heart that lace. i knew in 5 seconds it was the one.
so then came the attempt at the sweetheart neckline. i knew it would be more flattering, and unfortunately if the seamstress was to "cut the fabric" that would have added an expense i wasn't willing to pay for on TOP of alteration fees.... so they scrunched and pinned to make it look like this. not TOO bad, but...
when it was officially sewn it came out like this... uneven, wrinkly, and NOT happy. after a full out hysterical cry session in the car on the way home. we devised a plan to "sign out" the dress from the bridal salon and with the help of my aunt we called her seamstress Maria to save the day. 
she cut, she sewed, she re-did all the lace, she hemmed, she bustled.. she was my wedding dress lifesaver and i owe her a million thanks.
 because in the end... it turned out looking like this.
professional photos by kris+kristen

1 comment: