wardrobe: gray days

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

DRESS: Lucky
BOOTS: Kohls
TIGHTS: Macy's

this week has been cold & slow. perfect for polka dot tights to liven up the mood & new two toned boots. and sometimes a long shirt just needs to turn into a dress.

*i just recently met another woman who broke her tailbone giving birth & has been suffering for two years with pain so i thought i would give a quick tailbone update because i started sharing my story from the beginning and i plan on seeing it through til the end: my wound is still open & healing. it is only about a 1/4 inch deep, but it is taking its sweet time closing up. i still have pain, but i believe the surgery (even with the spinal infection & set back) was a success because when i sit, i only feel wound pain, not the deep aching i had before the surgery. unfortunately the fall i took down the stairs a couple weeks ago affected me emotionally & i am currently working through the realization that i haven't been able to drive, work out, have a job, etc... in over six months. i realize i still have a long road ahead, but this blog in particular has helped me tremendously in my recovery. i know it can look like pretty pictures and trips to california, but behind it are struggles that everyone goes through, especially those who have been through a traumatic experience.  i am beyond grateful for those who follow this blog daily & all the kind words & comments. thanks girls :) 
xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. OMG LA i LOveeeee those boots! I've been dying for a two tone pair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might not be working on the books but keeping this blog alive seems like a full-time job to me! I'm so happy you find/make the time to post. We are 3,000 miles apart but it helps keep me connected to my East Coast roots. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete