my pregnancy lifesavers!

Friday, February 28, 2014


mama bee belly butter + seamless racerback bras


this oscillating heater + strawberry applesauce



patterned socks + Liz Lange maternity leggings



1. Burt's Bees mama bee belly butter: i know they say that stretch marks are basically genetic, but i'd like to think that me slathering this on after every shower kept me from getting any of those lovely lines. and at the very least, it kept my belly super soft & i love the scent. i haven't quite used up the whole tub, so i will be continuing to finish it up post c-section!

2. Aerie seamless racerback bras: my boobs reached epic proportions within the first month of finding out i was pregnant. normally i don't wear bras to bed, but i quickly felt like these ginormous boobs were creeping south, so i started wearing these light and comfy racerback bras to bed. literally the only time my boobs haven't had support has been in the shower. i'm hoping this will help them bounce back (hehe) within no time!

3. Soleus Air oscillating reflective heater: holy crap this thing is amazing. i am a huge huge lover of fireplaces. we didn't have one in our apartment & then the condo, so pete went and bought me an electric one that is in cali & i miss it so much. here in CT, we make plenty of fires, but i am not the most skilled fire starter, nor did i want to go through the whole stack of wood in a week by burning one all day, everyday. so i invested in this heater. it's lightweight and i turn it on every morning & let my little toes get toasty warm. i love love love this product and it has been a lifesaver during this cold winter!

4. Applesauce: besides fruit, this has been my go to. strawberry is my favorite flavor, but i can put away a serious amount of cinnamon or berry medley. i go straight for the big jars, but these snack size ones have been the real lifesavor in the middle of the night when i'm awake and starving. they coat your stomach to get rid of any nausea & it's the perfect amount to make those hunger pains go away without packing on midnight munchie pounds.

5. patterned socks: these can be from anywhere, not just j.crew... they were a must have from start to finish, especially during a fall to winter pregnancy. they were long enough so they didn't fold under in my boots, warm enough for all aspects of the holidays, & became part of my morning & night routine. i would put some super thick ultra healing lotion all over my feet & heels, throw on a pair of these socks, & either head out for the day, or wind down in bed... always keeping my feet super soft.

6. Liz Lange for Target maternity leggings: these rock. they are thick enough so they're not the dreaded "see through", they are super long, comfy, & the waistband is low enough so that it's not uncomfortable as your bump grows. i'm hoping to be able to wear them at the hospital after my c-section... that could be total wishful thinking. and will def be wearing them still after baby. can't say enough about these awesome leggings. (i'm wearing them here in my 33 week post)

other things that got me through the past nine months: tylenol, pounding bottles of water, game of thrones reruns, making virgin daiquiris and pretending they weren't, pinterest, cough drops, & chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment