over the past week...

Sunday, February 23, 2014


stark continued to be stark


i found a stash of some of my old books from when i was little...
'the jolly pocket postman' and 'the king, the mice, & the cheese' are two of my all time favorite childrens' books available here & here


two of my best friends both got me sophie for my baby shower so
i'm going to figure out a way to tell them apart & let the turf war begin


i got the sweetest pen pal gift in the mail: a keepsake book from Paper Source!
i can't wait to fill it in with all things baby!


my mom crocheted me some sweet mittens in one of my favorite colors
i call it "in your face green"


and then she went on to crochet a fox basket (how to here) to hold some of baby boy's toys!
i have no patience for knitting/crocheting so obviously i think she is the most talented person ever


and then this happened:

i was sitting by the fire when i heard a knock at the door... i come around the corner to see Renee from Iron Scissors, the girl who did my hair & makeup for my wedding, standing on my porch. i open the door & she goes "SURPRISE!!! i'm here for a mini photoshoot!!" i wish she got my face on camera because i was stunned. 10 minutes later the photographer from our wedding, and one of my close friends, showed up with all his cameras & was ready to go. he planned the whole thing. even my mom was in on it. Renee did my hair, makeup, & helped make sure every strand of hair was in place while Kris did what he does best... take gorgeous photos. it was an absolutely amazing day, one i will never forget, & i am so blessed to have such amazing friends in my life. my cheeks hurt from smiling.

thank you Kris & Renee! from the bottom of my heart.

*the photos will take a week or two, but i'll post a few behind the scenes snapshots this week & in the meantime, check out Kris's website!

No comments:

Post a Comment