update.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

waiting for surgery + all ready to go...

QUICK UPDATE: it's been 13 days since surgery... my mom drove me to Dr. Kane's office in jersey yesterday to have my stitches removed. i never got to speak with him after surgery to see how everything went so it was interesting to hear him talk about what he found when he went in. he said the bottom two vertebrates were moving on their own plane as well as the top, larger vertebrate. he was shocked at how much mobility there was and it just confirmed that surgery was the right decision.
he then took out my stitches and said everything looked great, but to take it easy. the top stitch opened up a hole that is now draining (yuck) but he said it would close up in the next week or two. i still can't sit down and i get very tired by late afternoon but i'm doing very well and keeping busy thanks to my amazing friends + family... here's to more time on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment